The Causes of Trucking Accidents Can be Prevented
Often the problems that cause trucking accidents could have easily been prevented. Common causes include:
- Lack of training and inexperienced drivers
- Overloaded and oversized trucks
- Poor maintenance of trucks, including brakes
- Driver fatigue
- Speeding over the limit or driving too fast for conditions
- Drunk driving and driving under the influence of drugs
- Safety system problems, such as issues with reflectors, lights and other warning devices
- Failure to yield the right of way
Many of these causes can be attributed to a company’s attempt to cut costs. Trucking companies don’t want to invest in training or pay higher wages for more experienced drivers. They don’t want to pay for maintenance. The longer drivers stay on the road, the more money they make, so they drive when they’re tired. Unfortunately, serious accidents are often the result.
A Lawyer Can Help in Holding Negligent Parties Accountable
At the Law Firm of Paul A. Casi II, we believe in holding negligent truck drivers and trucking companies accountable when they cause accidents. If you or someone you care about has been in a trucking accident we will work hard to see that you get the compensation you need.
Getting results in these cases means going up against the big insurance companies that represent truckers and truck companies. These are major opponents. Our firm has experience taking them on and we are ready to take them on in your case.
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Call us at 502-584-0404 or contact us to schedule a free consultation with an attorney who has been serving people in Louisville and throughout Kentucky for more than 16 years.
All trucking accident cases are handled on a contingency basis.